A great blow dry can last a few days and make life a whole lot easier. Just ask Shannon Mary! http://www.facebook.com/stlphoto
BLOW DRY TIPS:
- Clarify your hair to remove excess oils and product build up. I like Redken’s Hair cleansing cream
- After clarifying use a shampoo and conditioner formulated for your hair type and condition of your hair. On Shannon’s hair I used L’Oreal Professional Absolute Repair it has a great balance of protein and moisture to not only condition, but strengthen the hair as well.
- Use a 100% cotton T-shirt to dry your hair.
- Prep your hair for heat. I love Davines Melu shield!
- Always use a wide tooth comb to detangle. Your hair can stretch up to 50% more when wet resulting in weak or broken hair
- Use a styling product based on your desired end result. I wanted to give Shannon’s hair body, shine, and smoothness so I cocktailed Davines Oil non Oil an Mattering mousee to create a delicious smelling hair potion!
- Dry hair section by section with your blow dryer nozzle facing downward. You want to visualize a bead of water being forced away from your scalp traveling down the strand out through the very ends. This ensures a smooth cuticle surface resulting in silky shiny hair.
- Finish with a paddle brush and cool blast of air to set the style and close down the cuticle even more.