Relationships don’t happen overnight. They take time, money, and patience. Some make you crazy and some make you insanely happy. Now, think about yourself in front of the mirror in the morning..”I have a pimple! Again!?” or how about, “I hate my freaking hair. It never does what I want it to do! I wish my stylist made 6am house calls!” On a daily basis you are in a verbally abusive relationship with yourself! Why do we feel the relationship with our hair, skin, and body should be any different from one with a friend or lover? If you ruin your hair, breakout all over your face, or gain 10lbs it all takes time, money, and patience to fix. Stop being so hard on yourself and realize you have a “relationship” with your appearance. You need to be understanding and caring to your flaws. Once you practice and have the patience life will be just a little bit brighter.
LEARN to love yourself.
- Learn how you properly care from your hair type.
- Be ok with gaining a little weight. Learn what causes weight gain/ loss to prevent it from happening if it truly bothers you.
- Talk a walk outside regularly.
- Drink plenty of water for a clear complexion.
- Let “Little bad things happen.”
- Be yourself. Your the only one who determines what your “flaws” are.
Life is for living. If your appearance concerns you, see a professional stylist. They will be more than happy to guide you and act as your relationship therapist. For you hair and image that is.
These dating tips really brought a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You’ve really answered the questions that have long lingered on my mind.