Just use some dry shampoo ; p I have two favorites…..
Big Sexy dry shampoo is my favorite! It creates beautiful volume while absorbing oils. It’s great for creating a updo on “dirty” hair. The only downfall is you will really be excited to wash it out of your hair by the end of the day. So I recommend using this one on the very last day of “dirty” hair.
Redken’s Powder Refresh dry shampoo leaves your hair smelling amazing and clean! There’s no hold factor and no unsightly white residue! Also, this stuff is great to banish nightlife odors ;p
I am so excited for Spring 2012! Especially since it was about 24 degrees today here in St. Louis! On a Saturday morning at 7am I am the complete opposite of awake and cheerful, therefore I need a quick and easy way to style my hair. Working in a salon I need to always portray a fashionable image so today I was inspired by the March issue of Vanity Fair. Oh how I want a closet full of pastels!
*The hairstyle I chose is the one on the right ; p
To get the look…
- Use a dry shampoo to absorb any excess oils. This also gives the hair some grip making it easy to maneuver. I ❤ Big Sexy dry shampoo.
- Establish a deep side part and gently brush the hair away from your face.
- Split the back of your hair in half and secure two low ponytails about an inch apart.
- Tease each ponytail to create exaggerated fullness.
- Take each teased ponytail and form into a full bun. Cup the bun with your hand as you secure with bobby pins.
- Look at yourself in the mirror to evaluate the shape of the style. Do you need to gently tug on the hair to see more of the bun in front? Do you need to pin back pieces that are falling out?
- Spray with a firm styling spray like Davines Glam. I love this one because it does not flake and has incredible hold.
P.S. This look took me about 15minutes. Do not over analyze it just do it! Practice makes you BETTER!
When I travel, I try as much as I can to not have to wash my hair until I get home if it’s a 3 day trip. This weekend so far has been a success so I will share my Blow Out secrets…
DAY 1: Shampoo and Condition+ Blow out
I used Davines Melu Shampoo and conditioner followed by Melu sheild (heat protection up to 428 degrees) and Davines OI beautifying potion.
*Towel dry your hair with a 100% cotton t-shirt for best results. It’s less friction on the cuticle of the hair.
I simply let the OI work its magic and dried my hair with my hands and medium heat setting. Once it was dry I gave it a cool blast to add more shine.
DAY 2: Curl Iron Set
For the iron set, I used a large ceramic iron and my Product Club jaw clip.
I sectioned my hair in three subsections (bottom, middle, and top). With my natural boar bristle brush, I brushed each section to be curled and prepped it with Loreal professional infinum 3 for curl memory and flexible hold.
DAY 3= High bun
By day three all I want is my hair off my face. I used big sexy dry shampoo to remove excess oil and give the hair some grip. Next, I flipped my head over and used my boar bristle brush to gather my hair on top of my head. An Elastic band holds the pony in place… then start to gently coil the hair downward and hold your hand over the bun shape. Place bob and hair pins in until it stays and wah laaa!