This season expect to see clean shapes with a soft interior delivered from styling products and tools. Your hair should look healthy and styled. Here are some ideas for different lengths….
“LONG HAIR” aka Long Bob with or with out sweepy bangs.
Long hair is actually not THAT long right now. These medium length styles are strong and keep your ends looking fresh like Spring should be!
MUST HAVE TOOL: Natural Boar Bristle Brush
MUST HAVE STYLING PRODUCT: EVO Water Killer Dry Shampoo Spray dry shampoo on second day hair and work through with your boar bristle brush for volume and texture.
“THE SHOB” aka Short Blunt Bob 😉
The look of longer in the front to shorter in the back is starting to level out. Women who have ventured to the titled cut are now feeling ready to go shorter and make a statement. Your stylist can add texture to the interior of this cut with a razor so you have soft-weightless strands.
MUST HAVE TOOL: 1inch curling iron. Wrap the hair around the iron with the clamp open leaving out the last inch of the strand.
MUST HAVE STYLING PRODUCT: Davines Sea Salt Spray Mist finished waves with Sea Salt Spray and blow dry hair with medium heat on a low speed to set the style.
“SHORT SHORT” Just go for it, it always grows back!
Then there are those women who are way more confident than most…This cut is a perfect balance of softness and edge.
MUST HAVE TOOL: Filtered shower head or Water Softener. Hard water weighs down your hair, dehydrates, and fades haircolor. Having a filter makes a HUGE difference in the way your hair and skin feel. Trust me. You will be glad you did.
MUST HAVE STYLING PRODUCT: FATBOY Perfect Putty Apply a dime-nickel amount in the palm of your hand. Warm up the product by rubbing both hands together and massage into dry hair for a matte finish with second day texture on day one!
Just thought I would share a great website for hairstyle inspiration. Check out Label.m! http://labelm.com/consultation
We all go to the salon with the hope of a miracle transformation. Some of us come out looking like a Victoria’s Secret model, while others not so much. Did you know hairstylist stress out more than you do about your visit? From the moment you walk through the door they begin to feel the pressure. YOU say…”I really want something different. BUT I don’t want to lose any length or change my color.” WE think..”O.K. so what your really saying is that you want a trim…” WE SAY… “How about some bangs?!” Great so now you have a trim with some bangs that your feeling just O.K. about. When you are not jumping for joy about your cut we go home and cry. Just kidding! But it really makes us think, “Man! How can I step up my game and really wow people?!”
Don’t get me wrong. Bangs can be a wonderful thing! They can change your look and even act as less expensive Botox. What you & your stylist really need however is great communication.
Today at Matthew Robert Color + Design in Des Peres, MO I took an amazing cutting class held by Azeza Tessereau. She is our Artistic Director of Design and damn good at what she does. The class was meant to Inspire and Refresh us all. As Stylists we can get burned out and a little hazy on what trends actually are. Which is why it is SO extremely important to see a stylist who cares and participates in continuing education!
WHAT WE LEARNED
- Our guests are being inspired by TV shows, pinterest, YouTube, tabloids, and Instagram. So we must also be inspired by these sources.
- Choose a cut not only based on face shape but also on influences such as weather, budget, maintenance, time, and culture.
- To balance a… Round face= deep side part / Heart face= Chin length cut / Square= Off center rounded bangs / Pear= Width & height in the crown / Oblong= Shorter cut
- Women with fine hair should consider a one length hair cut to retain as much thickness as possible.
- We have two jobs… 1. Step out of our mindset 2. Encourage others to step out of theirs
- A solid perimeter makes the hair look healthy and strong
HOW YOU CAN GET A BETTER HAIRCUT NEXT TIME
- Arrive on time!
- Have inspiration photos. Do you like the way it’s styled or the actual cut? *Many time people bring in 3 of the same haircut without realizing it’s just styled differently.
- Be HONEST! Did you hate what they did last time?
- Communicate your struggles. Do you have a hard time blow drying? Maybe you want more in-depth information on products best suited for your hair type.
- Have some guidelines. Do you really want us to do whatever we want?
Follow me on pinterest to find your inspiration photos for your next visit http://pinterest.com/kristenlinares/hair/
I grew up watching my cousin Michael beat every video game known to man. We were pretty much like Batman and Robin. He would do the hard work, kick ass, and take names while I would give him strategic advice. We were a great team and nerds without a clue.
Video games may be nerdy in some cases BUT they have the best fashion inspiration. Check out these awesome razor haircuts for instance…
Swinging in the backyard. Pulled up in your fast car. Whistling my name. Open up a beer And you say, Get over here And play a video game.
Pac Man Nailpolish
I can totally see myself gaming in these sick boots from Bakers…
Win shoes here —> http://shoeternity.com/
Paired with a carefree top…
add some jean shorts and your ready to slay dragons and save the princess…